We the Tanzania Professional Guides, ambassadors for Tanzania tourism, commit ourselves to the following code of ethics.
1. A professional tourist guide shall always be impartial, positive, well groomed, courteous, honest, trustworthy and dedicated in presenting Tanzania
2. A professional tourist guide shall treat all tourists, managers, traffic police or any other peoples of cultures with no abusive language or be involved in any fights at any time in the exercise of his duty.
3. A professional tourist guide shall not bad-mouth or criticize his colleagues, any establishment or organization, the Government or its policies and campaigns or any other person in the exercise of his duty.
4. A professional tourist guide shall not be involved in any conduct or act, which is discrimination to the professional service rendering e.g color, gender, ethnicity, nationality, physical challenge, age etc.
5. A professional tourist guide shall always be punctual, reliable, honest, consciousness and safeguard his reputation and professional image as a licensed tourist guide.
6. A professional tourist guide, shall promote camaraderie with other guides and respect each other’s clientele, ideas, commentaries whether local or foreign
7. A professional tourist guide shall at no time be under the influence of alcohol or any drug while on duty and shall try to understand the character and needs of the tourists or any untoward danger or unnecessary risk due to his actions or omissions.
8. A professional tourist guide uphold the standards of professionalism in presentational skill, heritage and site interpretation and duty of care to the clients as expected of those holding the Tanzania Tour Guides badge.
9. A professional tourist guide shall not leave the tourist or any person under his care any time in the exercise of his duty. Shall be suitably dressed in an official national tourist guide uniform and presentable at all times.
10. A professional tourist guide shall in the event of not being familiar with, or being unable to provide information requested by a tourist, consult with the appropriate authorities for assistance.